Setting goals and putting yourself on the path to achieving them is something that anyone and everyone can benefit from. We have an inspirational collection of goals quotes to help you on your road to success, whichever direction that may be!
Goals can encompass all sorts of things, both personally and professionally. The most important thing is that they are realistic. We need to have a plan, and that we can break them down into more sensible, small and manageable steps.
Too often, we only celebrate a finished product and not all the small successes along the way. If we allow ourselves to do that, it keeps us motivated, proud, and moving forward. Always remember, the journey is just as important as achieving the goal.
Below is our collection of inspirational, wise, and thought-provoking goals quotes, goals sayings, and goals proverbs, collected from a variety of sources over the years.
Also read these powerful Law of Attraction quotes that will help you achieve your goals.
Famous Goals Quotes for Success
1. “You cannot change your destination overnight, but you can change your direction overnight.” – Jim Rohn
2. “A goal properly set is halfway reached.” – Zig Ziglar
3. “It’s better to be at the bottom of the ladder you want to climb than at the top of the one you don’t.” – Stephen Kellogg
4. “If you don’t design your own life plan, chances are you’ll fall into someone else’s plan. And guess what they have planned for you? Not much.” – Jim Rohn
5. “In all things that you do, consider the end.”- Solon
6. “All who have accomplished great things have had a great aim, have fixed their gaze on a goal which was high, one which sometimes seemed impossible.” – Orison Swett Marden
7. “Everybody has their own Mount Everest they were put on this earth to climb.” – Seth Godin
8. “The greater danger for most of us isn’t that our aim is too high and miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it.” – Michelangelo
9. “Give me a stock clerk with a goal and I’ll give you a man who will make history. Give me a man with no goals and I’ll give you a stock clerk.” – J.C. Penney
10. “Intention without action is an insult to those who expect the best from you.” – Andy Andrews
Goals quotes to help you pursue your dreams
11. “Life is short, fragile and does not wait for anyone. There will NEVER be a perfect time to pursue your dreams and goals. ” – Unknown
12. “I am here for a purpose and that purpose is to grow into a mountain, not to shrink to a grain of sand. Henceforth will I apply all my efforts to become the highest mountain of all and I will strain my potential until it cries for mercy.” – Og Mandino
13. “Life can be pulled by goals just as surely as it can be pushed by drives.”- Viktor Frankl
14. “If you raise your standards but don’t really believe you can meet them, you’ve already sabotaged yourself. You won’t even try; you’ll be lacking the sense of certainty that allows you to tap the deepest capacity that’s within you… Our beliefs are like unquestioned commands, telling us how things are, what’s possible and impossible and what we can and cannot do. They shape every action, every thought and every feeling that we experience. As a result, changing our belief systems is central to making any real and lasting change in our lives.” – Anthony Robbins
15. “The significance of a man is not in what he attains but in what he longs to attain.” – Kahlil Gibran
16. “My philosophy of life is that if we make up our mind what we are going to make of our lives, then work hard toward that goal, we never lose – somehow we always win out.” – Ronald Reagan
17. “A goal is a dream with a deadline.” – Napoleon Hill
18. “Failures do what is tension relieving, while winners do what is goal achieving.” – Denis Waitley (as quoted in Brian Tracy’s book, Eat That Frog)
19. “A man should have any number of little aims about which he should be conscious and for which he should have names, but he should have neither name for, nor consciousness concerning, the main aim of his life.” – Samuel Butler
Goal Setting Quotes About Achievement
20. “Aim at the sun, and you may not reach it; but your arrow will fly far higher than if aimed at an object on a level with yourself.” – J. Howes
21. “Goals are the fuel in the furnace of achievement.” – Brian Tracy, Eat that Frog
22. “Most “impossible” goals can be met simply by breaking them down into bite size chunks, writing them down, believing them, and then going full speed ahead as if they were routine.” – Don Lancaster
23. “Ah, but a man’s reach should exceed his grasp, or what’s a heaven for?” – Robert Browning
24. “Things won are done; joy’s soul lies in the doing.” – William Shakespeare
25. “Every ceiling, when reached, becomes a floor, upon which one walks as a matter of course and prescriptive right.” – Aldous Huxley
26. “He who would arrive at the appointed end must follow a single road and not wander through many ways.” – Seneca (see more quotes from Seneca)
27. “Some men give up their designs when they have almost reached the goal; while others, on the contrary, obtain a victory by exerting, at the last moment, more vigorous efforts than before.” – Polybius
28. “Our goals can only be reached through a vehicle of a plan, in which we must fervently believe, and upon which we must vigorously act. There is no other route to success.” – Pablo Picasso
29. “The virtue lies in the struggle, not in the prize.” – Richard Monckton Milnes
30. “Our plans miscarry because they have no aim. When a man does not know what harbor he is making for, no wind is the right wind.” – Seneca
Also check out these actions speak louder than words quotes that will empower you.
Goals quotes to inspire success
31. “Your goal should be just out of reach, but not out of sight.” – Denis Waitley and Remi Witt
32. “I am always more interested in what I am about to do than what I have already done.” – Rachel Carson
33. “However brilliant an action may be, it should not be accounted great when it is not the result of a great purpose.” – François de la Rochefoucauld
34. “A good archer is known not by his arrows but by his aim.” – Thomas Fuller
35. “The going is the goal.” – Horace Kallen
36. “Who aims at excellence will be above mediocrity; who aims at mediocrity will be far short of it.” – Burmese Saying
37. “To reach a port, we must sail—Sail, not tie at anchor—Sail, not drift.” – Franklin Roosevelt
38. “It is not enough to take steps which may someday lead to a goal; each step must be itself a goal and a step likewise.” – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
39. “In absence of clearly defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily acts of trivia.” – Author Unknown
40. “Don’t bunt. Aim out of the ballpark.” – David Ogilvy
41. “There are two things to aim at in life; first to get what you want, and after that to enjoy it. Only the wisest of mankind has achieved the second.” – Logan Pearsall Smith
Goals quotes to help you reach your potential
42. “Think little goals and expect little achievements. Think big goals and win big success.”― David Joseph Schwartz
43. “No desired achievement is gained without any goal setting.”― Wayne Chirisa
44. “I love the challenge of starting at zero every day and seeing how much I can accomplish.”― Martha Stewart
45. “If you don’t know what you want, you’ll never find it.”― Ryū Murakami
46. “We should set our goals; then learn to control our appetites. Otherwise, we will lose ourselves in the confusion of the world.”― Hark Herald Sarmiento
47. “The great secret about goals and visions is not the future they describe but the change in the present they engender.”― David Allen
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of The Secret quotes to help you manifest your dreams.
48. “Remember your goals are “better” and “less,” so progress is everything.”― Dana K. White
49. “Your comfort zone is a place where you keep yourself in a self-illusion and nothing can grow there but your potentiality can grow only when you can think and grow out of that zone.”― Rashedur Ryan Rahman
50. “Be visionary about your goals.”― Sayam Asjad
51. “On the way to your goal, you can always stop, rest, go the opposite way for a while; but after a reasonable time you must set off again towards your goal!”― Mehmet Murat ildan
52. “She wasn’t where she had been. She wasn’t where she was going, but she was on her way.”― Jodi Hills
53. “Committed people find nothing more charming than their goals.”― Junaid Raza
54. “The measure of a society is not only what it does but the quality of its aspirations.”― Wade Davis
55. “The way to achieve your goals is step by step, you just need to build enough track, to be ahead of the train.” – John Milton Lawrence
56. “The only goals you don’t achieve in life are the goals you don’t set.”― Matt Fox
More goals quotes and sayings
57. “Take the challenge of your life. Reach out to your goals. There is no limit to what you can achieve.” – Lailah Gifty Akita
58. “If you can dream it up, you can team it up.” – Richie Norton
59. “Mindfulness helps us to focus on one goal at a time. It helps us to be more relaxed, patient and compassionate towards the goal.” – Amit Ray
60. “Writing and achieving your goals is not failure, not having a goal to write in the first place is the start of failure.” – Onyi Anyado
61. “A goal is not just an object on a pitch; it is also a milestone on your journey of excellence.” – Onyi Anyado
62. “There are no right of wrong answers in goal setting. What works for you?” – Eddie de Jong
63. “Goal-setting is a life skill.” – Richie Norton
64. “A smart person will think first about the outcome of his decision before doing the first step.” – Rojade Silva
65. “If you think you can then you can.” – Stephen Richards
66. “Set a goal to achieve something that is so big, so exhilarating that it excites you and scares you at the same time.” – Bob Proctor
Which of these goals quotes inspired you to achieve today?
Accomplishing our goals can be one of the greatest feelings we will ever experience in life. To achieve a major stepping stone, or to complete a long term project, is an extremely satisfying feeling.
Most importantly, we must give ourselves credit and celebrate the small victories, as we march towards our goals. I hope these goal setting quotes reminded you of why we need to live with purpose.
Which of these goals quotes resonated with you best? Do you have any other favorite quotes to add to the list? Let us know in the comment section below.