The following wedding quotes on love, friendship, and marriage are sure to inspire you on your big day.
Your wedding is a day you’ve probably been planning in some aspect for years. Maybe you even started your Wedding Pinterest Board before you’d met your Mr. or Mrs. Right. And why not? Your wedding will be one of the most unforgettable days in your life.
There is so much to plan, from the flowers and the venue to the speeches and the vows, it’s easy to get caught in the midst of planning and forget what marriage is really about.
So, whether you’ve already found that special someone, or if you’re still looking for that one person to spend the rest of your life with, let these wedding quotes inspire you on your big day.
Wedding quotes about falling in love
1. “We are all a little weird and life’s a little weird. And when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.” — Dr. Seuss
2. “A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person.” — Mignon McLaughlin
3. “Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love.” — Albert Einstein
4. “Wise men say only fools rush in, but I can’t help falling in love with you.” — Elvis
5. “It’s amazing how one day someone walks into your life, and suddenly, you can’t remember how you lived without them.” — Anurag Prakash Ray
6. “When you trip over love, it is easy to get up. But when you fall in love, it is impossible to stand again.” — Albert Einstein
Wedding quotes to inspire a successful marriage
7. “Sensual pleasures have the fleeting brilliance of a comet; a happy marriage has the tranquility of a lovely sunset.” — Ann Landers
8. “Remember that creating a successful marriage is like farming: you have to start over again every morning.” — H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
9. “A good marriage is one which allows for change and growth in the individuals and in the way, they express their love.” — Pearl S. Buck
10. “A marriage is not a noun; it’s a verb. It isn’t something you get. It’s the way you love your partner every day.” — Barbara De Angelis
11. “Marriages, like a garden, take time to grow. But the harvest is rich unto those who patiently and tenderly care for the ground.” — Darlene Schacht
12. “It doesn’t matter if the guy is perfect or the girl is perfect, as long as they are perfect for each other.” — Good Will Hunting
13. “A happy marriage is the union of two good forgivers.” — Robert Quillen
14. “A great marriage is not when the ‘perfect couple’ comes together. It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.” — Dave Meurer
15. “In marriage do thou be wise: prefer the person before money, virtue before beauty, the mind before the body; then thou hast a wife, a friend, a companion, a second self.” — William Penn
Wedding quotes that celebrate love
16. “True love stories never have endings.” — Richard Bach
17. “You know you’re in love when you can’t fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.” — Dr. Seuss
18. “I vow to fiercely love you in all your forms, now and forever. I promise to never forget that this is a once in a lifetime love.” — The Vow
19. “Love at first sight is easy to understand; it’s when two people have been looking at each other for a lifetime that it becomes a miracle.” — Sam Levenson
20. “Once upon a time there was a boy who loved a girl, and her laughter was a question he wanted to spend his whole life answering.” — Nicole Krauss
21. “We loved with a love that was more than love.” — Edgar Allan Poe
22. “I swear I couldn’t love you more than I do right now, and yet I know I will tomorrow.” — Leo Christopher
23. “You are my greatest adventure.” — UP
24. “I love her and that’s the beginning and end of everything.” — The Great Gatsby
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of Great Gatsby quotes on love and loss.
25. “Who, being loved, is poor?” — Oscar Wilde
26. “Love is like a friendship caught on fire.” — Jeremy Taylor
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our selection of friendship quotes celebrating life-long relationships.
27. “I saw that you were perfect and so I loved you. Then I saw that you were not perfect, and I loved you even more.” — Angelita Lim
28. “Where there is love there is life.” — Mahatma Gandhi
Wedding quotes that will make you chuckle
29. “I love being married. It’s so great to find one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life.” — Rita Rudner
30. “Marriage has no guarantees. If that’s what you’re looking for, go live with a car battery.” — Erma Bombeck
31. “Marriage is like twirling a baton, turning a handspring, or eating with chopsticks: It looks easy until you try it.” — Helen Rowland
32. “True love is the greatest thing in the world, except for a nice MLT — mutton, lettuce and tomato sandwich. Where the mutton is nice and lean, and the tomato is ripe.” — The Princess Bride
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of great Princess Bride quotes from the 80s classic film.
33. “The ideal husband understands every word his wife doesn’t say.” — Alfred Hitchcock
Wedding quotes about being in love forever
34. “I would rather spend one lifetime with you than face all the ages of this world.” — J.R.R. Tolkien
35. “Walking with your hands in mine and mine in yours, that’s exactly where I want to be always.” — Fawn Weaver
36. “Grow old along with me; the best is yet to be.” — Robert Browning
37. “If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day, so I never have to live without you.” — A. A. Milne
38. “When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.” — When Harry Met Sally
39. “I want all of you, forever. You and me, every day.” — The Notebook
40. “You make me happier than I ever thought I could be, and if you let me, I will spend the rest of my life trying to make you feel the same way.” — Friends
Wedding quotes on Marriage
41. “The highest happiness on earth is the happiness of marriage.” — William Lyon Phelps
42. “The older I get, the less time I want to spend with the part of the human race that didn’t marry me.” — Robert Brault
43. “If I get married, I want to be very married.” — Audrey Hepburn
44. “Marriage is a mosaic you build with your spouse. Millions of tiny moments that create your love story.” — Jennifer Smith
45. “Many people spend more time in planning the wedding than they do in planning the marriage.” — Zig Ziglar
46. “A wedding anniversary is the celebration of love, trust, partnership, tolerance, and tenacity. The order varies for any given year.” — Paul Sweeney
47. “Chains do not hold a marriage together. It is threads, hundreds of tiny threads, which sew people together through the years.” — Simone Signoret
48. “Marriage is a risk; I think it’s a great and glorious risk, as long as you embark on the adventure in the same spirit.” — Cate Blanchett
49. “Marriage, ultimately, is the practice of becoming passionate friends.” — Harville Hendrix
50. “To get the full value of joy, you must have someone to divide it with.” — Mark Twain
More wedding quotes and sayings
51. “Loving someone doesn’t mean that you only care for them when you feel like it. It means that you forgive them when they mess up.” – Carole Matthews
52. “Marriage is the beginning of love for your spouse, not the result of it.” – Shannon L. Alder
53. “You shouldn’t marry someone you thought you could live with, you should marry someone you thought you couldn’t live without.” – Carole Matthews
54. “Love isn’t just doing what’s right for you but acting selflessly for the benefit of everyone else’s equality.” – Katrina Majkut
55. “Marriage is not essential to the contentment, the dignity, or the happiness of woman.” – Catharine Maria Sedgwick
56. “Marriage is not the beginning of the journey, nor the end – it is the journey.” – Carew Papritz
57. “I married a man who was as much a part of me as my own soul.” – C.J. English
58. “Weddings are never about the bride and groom, weddings are public platforms for dysfunctional families.” – Lisa Kleypas
59. “It is such a happiness when good people get together — and they always do.” – Jane Austen
60. “Love is not a whim. Love is not a flower that fades with a few fleeting years. Love is a choice wedded to action, my husband, and I choose you, and I will choose you every day for the rest of my life.” – Brent Weeks
Which of these wedding quotes inspires you the most?
Whether you are getting ready to tie the knot, are already married, or haven’t reached that chapter of your life yet, you know that your wedding is an experience you’ll remember forever. It is a joy to find a companion to share life with and to celebrate your love with friends and family on your big day. More importantly, the marriage you build after your wedding will become one of the greatest adventures in you ever have.
Hopefully, the wedding quotes above have inspired you to celebrate the love in your life.
Were you moved by any of these wedding quotes and sayings? Which quote was your favorite? Let us know in the comment section below.