These witch quotes will help erase the stereotypical image of a witch and replace it with what a witch really is: a very powerful and wise woman.
What do you picture when I say “witch”?
I’m going to guess that you see someone ugly: an old woman with green skin, oily black hair, a long nose with a mole at the end, and a wide, sinister grin. She’s probably got a broomstick in her hand and a black cat at her feet. Or perhaps you’re picturing the opposite: Glinda the Good Witch from The Wizard of Oz?
Either way, wipe that image away and picture your typical woman instead. Nowadays a witch can look however she wants. She might look like Glinda, or she might look a little gothy, or she might look like Katie from your Tuesday morning yoga class.
The image of a scary old woman was propaganda from a time when witches were persecuted. In reality, a witch can be anyone who has an open mind, desires to be one with nature, and who is here to heal others.
These magical witch quotes will educate you on the reality of witches and show you how powerful the natural woman really is.
Don’t forget to also check out these magic quotes to keep you believing.
Classic witchcraft quotes and sayings
1. “When witches go riding, and black cats are seen, the moon laughs and whispers, ’tis near Halloween.’” — Unknown
2. “Everyone deserves a chance to fly.” — Elphaba
3. “‘Tis now the very witching time of night, when churchyards yawn and hell itself breathes out contagion to this world.” — William Shakespeare
4. “You have witchcraft in your lips.” — William Shakespeare
5. “Oh look, another glorious morning. Makes me sick!” — Winifred Sanderson
6. “Double, double toil and trouble; fire burn and cauldron bubble.” — William Shakespeare
7. “I’ll get you my pretty, and your little dog, too.” — The Wicked Witch of the West
8. “I put a spell on you because you’re mine.” — Jay Hawkins
9. “By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes.” — William Shakespeare
Magical witch quotes
10. “Come little children, I’ll take thee away, into a land of enchantment. Come little children, the time’s come to play, here in my garden of magic.” — Sarah Sanderson
11. “You’re all a bunch of little toads in a pet that Fiona is slowly bringing to a boil. You won’t even feel it until it’s too late. I’d rather burn than boil.” — Myrtle Snow
12. “There was a lot more to magic, as Harry Potter quick found out, than waving your wand and saying a few funny words.” — J.K. Rowling
13. “There is no magic when one no longer believes.” — Hilda Lewis
14. “The moon has awoken with the sleep of the sun. The light has been broken, the spell has begun.” — Midgard Morningstar
15. “The witch knows nothing in this world is supernatural. It is all natural.” — Laurie Cabot
16. “Those who don’t believe in magic will never find it.” — Roald Dahl
17. “It is important to remember that we all have magic inside us.” — J.K. Rowling
18. “I’d go into the woods to look for the witches, the mythical beings.” — Anya Taylor-Joy
19. “Well, as everyone knows, once witchcraft gets started, there’s no stopping it.” — Mikhail Bulgakov
Funny witch quotes about being a one
20. “What’s the matter? I have to be a witch, I have to be a mortal, I have to be a teenager and I have to be a girl all at the same time. That’s what’s the matter.” — Sabrina the Teenage Witch
21. “I am wicked in many ways.” — Jessica Spotswood
22. “The first time I called myself a ‘Witch’ was the most magical moment of my life.” — Margot Adler
23. “I am a witch, by which I mean that I am somebody who believes that the Earth is sacred; and that women and women’s bodies are an expression of that sacred being.” — Lisa Lister
24. “Are you a good witch, or a bad witch?” — Glinda the Good Witch
25. “I am a witch. A real house-hunting, broom-riding, cauldron-stirring witch.” — Samantha
26. “A witch ought never be frightened in the darkest forest because she should be sure in her soul that the most terrifying thing in the forest was her.” — Terry Pratchett
27. “You say witch like it’s a bad thing.” — Unknown
28. “There’s a little witch in all of us.” — Aunt Jet
29. “The witches are firm believers in reincarnation, and they say that ‘once a witch always a witch.’” — Gerald Gardner
Halloween witch quotes about power
30. “And remember: a witch, first and foremost, is a woman in her power.” — Lisa Lister
31. “A witch is a wise woman aligned with the Earth, a healer.” — Lisa Lister
32. “But developing your witch powers is not so much about predicting lottery numbers or knowing which tarot card means what. Instead, it’s about enhancing your sensitivity and response towards both random thoughts and direct, loaded truth bombs. It’s knowing what’s for you and what’s for other people, and learning how to make sense of emotional changes within your body.” — Lisa Lister
33. “Witch, we walk in fire, because we are the fire.” — Lisa Lister
34. “Far from being about practicing the dark arts, the modern witch movement is all about female empowerment.” — Lisa Lister
35. “Don’t make me drop a house on you.” — Fiona Goode
36. “In this whole wide wicked world the only thing you have to be afraid of is me.” — Fiona Goode
37. “We’ve all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on.” — J.K. Rowling
38. “You’ve always had the power, my dear. You just had to learn it for yourself.” — Glinda The Good Witch
39. “To me, a witch is a woman that is capable of letting her intuition take hold of her actions, that communes with her environment, that isn’t afraid of facing challenges.” ― Paulo Coelho
40. “She is a woman who is able to fall in love with the magnificent possibilities of her power. She is a woman who radiates mystery. She is magnetic. She is a witch.” — Dasha Elliot
More witch quotes and phrases
41. “The way of the witch means there are no coincidences.” — Lisa Lister
42. “Witches were a bit like cats. They didn’t much like one another’s company, but they did like to know where all the other witches were, just in case they needed them.” — Terry Pratchett
43. “For all you know, a witch may be living next door to you right now.” — Roald Dahl
44. “Never put your faith in a Prince. When you require a miracle, trust in a witch.” — Catherine M. Valente
45. “A Witch is born out of the true hungers of her time.” ― Ray Bradbury
46. “A witch is a woman who emerges from deep within herself.” ― Dasha Elliot
47. “Witches listen to the secrets of the Earth, work in harmony with the powers of the moon, and understand the longings of the human soul.” — Dasha Elliot
48. “Witchcraft…is a spiritual path. You walk it for nourishment of the soul, to commune with the life force of the universe, and to thereby better know your own life.” — Christopher Penczak
49. “Love for life in all its forms is the basic ethic of witchcraft.” — Starhawk
50. “Witches try to ‘connect’ with the world around them. Witchcraft, they say, is about the tactile, intuitive understanding of the turn of the seasons, the song of the birds; it is the awareness of all things as holy.” — Tanya Luhrmann
Can anyone be a witch?
There are lots of different kinds of witches. Some people are born into a magical tradition that traces back generations. Some people stumble upon a popular pagan religion, like Wicca or Cochranianism, and feel inspired to learn more and practice the sabbaths.
No matter if you’re just starting to learn about witchcraft or if you’ve been practicing for some time, the important thing to note is that we all have power inside of us. Anyone can be a witch. There’s only a few requirements: live with love for all creatures, seek out truth and wisdom, and keep a positive vibe.
Did you enjoy these witch quotes and sayings? Which quote was your favorite? Let us know in the comments below.