These watermelon quotes are the perfect words to caption any Instagram photos you take this summer, but they are also poetic and moving. They will have you reminiscing about those perfect summer days of your youth in no time at all!
If there ever was a fruit that instantly made you think of a season, it would be watermelon. There is just something so summery about eating watermelon at a barbeque by the pool. The fruit is sweet and cool and is the perfect treat on a hot summer day.
Watermelon doesn’t just remind us of all the things we love about summer, it actually has a few other symbolic meanings as well. In various cultures, watermelon is thought to be a sign of fertility. Dreaming about watermelon can symbolize love, passion, and lust.
However, I think the question that everyone really wants to know about watermelon is “How do you know which watermelon to pick?” Keep reading through these watermelon quotes to learn all the tricks about making sure you pick the perfect one.
Don’t forget to also check out these strawberry quotes for enjoying the sweetness of summer.
Perfect watermelon quotes that make it feel like summer
1. “Watermelons are smiles of summer.” — Unknown
2. “You live as much in me as water in watermelon.” — Unknown
3. “After about 60 days, tiny watermelon fruits appear on the vines. Over the warm summer months, these watermelon fruits grow bigger and bigger.” — Julie Murray
4. “You can never be melon-choly in the summertime.” — Unknown
5. “Ready to eat all the watermelon this summer.” — Unknown
6. “Big watermelon–yes; sweet–yes, luscious–you bet! That was probably the best-tasting watermelon I had ever eaten in my entire life.” — Evelyn Murray Drayton
7. “And what’s more, watermelon needn’t just be enjoyed as a sweet snack. It works well in dozens of recipes, sweet and savory.” — Gordon Rock
8. “The inside of a watermelon should display good, crisp red flesh. Melons should not be mealy and water-soaked.” — Lonnie T. Lynch
9. “Every part of a watermelon is edible, even the seeds and rinds.” — Katie Potter
10. “Watermelon is 92% water and 8% sugar, so it is aptly named, and remained among the most refreshing and thirst-quenching fruits of all.” — Eugene A Defelice
11. “One of the most adulated fruits at the vendor’s imperiously embellished establishment, / Was the relished watermelon.” — Nikhil Parekh
Cute watermelon quotes and captions for those summer Instagram posts
12. “Watermelon — it’s a good fruit. You eat, you drink, you wash your face.” — Enrico Caruso
13. “When one has tasted watermelon, he knows what the angels eat.” — Mark Twain
14. “Don’t let the seeds stop you from enjoying the watermelon.” — Unknown
15. “It’s watermelon weather / That summer kind of weather / When people get together and sing.” — Guy Webster
16. “S-melon like salty hair and ocean air.” — Unknown
17. “You’re one in a melon.” — Unknown
18. “In China and Japan watermelon is a popular gift to bring to a host.” — Katie Potter
19. “Water-ever, I don’t care if you think I love summer too much.” — Unknown
20. “I just wanna taste it, I just wanna taste it / Watermelon sugar high / Tastes like strawberries on a summer evenin’.” — Harry Edward Styles
Funny watermelon quotes we can all relate to
21. “Two watermelons cannot be held under one arm.” — Turkish Proverb
22. “Those unattractive sounds you make when eating watermelon.” — Unknown
23. “Love watermelon with the seeds..it’s fun to spit them at people!” — Unknown
24. “Freelance’ means I can take watermelon breaks and no one can yell at me.” ― Mandy Ashcraft
25. “‘Onions are the only food that can make you cry.’ That was before I hit him in the face with a watermelon.” — Unknown
26. “Eating watermelon is really fun. The juice runs down your face. But it’s even more fun to spit the seeds at your sister!” — Katie Potter
27. “The true Southern watermelon is a boon apart, and not to be mentioned with commoner things.” — Mark Twain
28. “When life gives you melons, you may have dyslexia.” – Unknown
29. “Watermelon exists, why doesn’t earthmelon, firemelon, and airmelon? The Elemelons.” – Unknown
30. “You are one in a melon.” – Unknown
Watermelon quotes on life lessons
31. “If you focus on only the seeds in a watermelon, you missed the sweetness of the meat.” — Wally Amos
32. “A watermelon that breaks open by itself tastes better than one cut with a knife.” — Hualing Nieh Engle
33. “Life is like eating a watermelon. You know you’re going to get some seeds; just spit them out and take another bite.” — Jeff Steinmann
34. “No matter how the watermelon is shaped, you know it is a watermelon from the outward appearance. Similarly–no matter what color or how the person is shaped, you know it is a human being.” — Evelyn Murray Drayton
35. “If people have time and patience, they will be able to count the number of seeds in a watermelon. But not one person can tell you how many watermelons will grow by planting one seed.” — Evelyn Murray Drayton
36. “You remind me of watermelon seeds / So hard to put a finger on / Shooting off to escape the slightest pressure / And yet, once firmly secured / You are the source of great enjoyment / And even pleasure.” — David Thomasson
37. “With every watermelon you cut, there is an opportunity to cut a distasteful or unappetizing watermelon. Still, this does not keep us from purchasing watermelons.” — Evelyn Murray Drayton
38. “Don’t let the seeds stop you from enjoying the watermelon.” – Unknown
39. “Life is a watermelon. Pull out the seeds of woe to taste the pulp of joy.” – Sushmitha Sriram Kumar
40. “Life is like a good watermelon, sweet and juicy…but you still have to pick out the seeds to enjoy every bit of it.” – Unknown
Poetic and poignant watermelon quotes
41. “There were happy days, with watermelon, and sad days of whiskey.” — Lewis Nordan
42. “It’s a wonderful fantasy, but it’s not real. It’s just watermelon magic.” ― Hope Ramsay
43. “Watermelon. A delightfully rounded ball of wondrous green exterior; that rolled with unparalleled fervor upon any frictionless surface; with the tiniest of thrust.” — Nikhil Parekh
44. “Pick up a sesame seed but lose sight of a watermelon.” — Chinese Proverbs
45. “Friends are like melons, shall I tell you why? To find one good, you must a hundred try.” — Claude Mermet
46. “Nowadays I see people who chew you up and spit you out like a seed from a watermelon and sometimes leave you to rot.” — Rebecca
47. “Green Buddhas on the fruit stand. We eat the smile and spit out the teeth.” — Charles Simic
48. “It’s watermelon weather, that summer kind of weather when people get together and sing.” — Guy Webster
49. “One of the most adulated fruits at the vendor’s imperiously embellished establishment, was the relished watermelon.” — Nikhil Parekh
50. “All I want is a ravishing watermelon; titillating my tongue beyond the point of no control.” — Nikhil Parekh
What did you learn from these watermelon quotes?
Watermelon might just be the hardest fruit to pick when you are at the grocery store. It’s not really very easy to just pick up and squeeze it. Those things are heavy! It isn’t like picking up a kiwi and squeezing it. Luckily, you don’t determine whether a watermelon is ripe by hauling it around and trying to squish it.
When it comes to watermelons, it is the size and what is on the outside that matters. A good rule of thumb is to never pick the biggest or the smallest watermelon; you are much better off going with one that is in the middle! Also, be sure to check the colors of the rind. The juiciest and most delicious watermelons will have a yellow-orange spot. Avoid the ones that are super white!
Of course, it is great to eat watermelon by the slice, but it is also good in drinks, salads, and desserts! Share your favorite watermelon quotes and recipes with us in the comment section below.