If you can’t get enough Star Trek, you’ll love these Spock quotes.
If you’ve never seen the popular Sci-Fi media franchise Star Trek then you probably aren’t familiar with Spock. Star Trek began as a television show in the 1960s which eventually led to comic books, books, spinoffs, and more than a dozen films. The franchise developed a cult-like following with fans identifying as Trekkies or trekkers.
Spock is one of the main characters from the original and is popular with the fans. He is an officer (of different ranks as the series progresses) that is part human and part Vulcan. You can learn more about him through these Spock quotes.
Don’t forget to also check out these Star Trek quotes that will help you go where no man has before
Spock Quotes About Truth and Emotions
1. “Insufficient facts always invite danger.” – Spock
2. “Once you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.” – Spock
3. “You’re the captain of this ship. You haven’t the right to be vulnerable in the eyes of the crew. You can’t afford the luxury of being anything less than perfect. If you do, they lose faith and you lose command.” – Spock
4. “Has it occurred to you that there is a certain…inefficiency in constantly questioning me on things you’ve already made up your mind about?” – Spock
5. “I fail to comprehend your indignation, sir. I have simply made the logical deduction that you are a liar.” – Spock
6. “Superior ability breeds superior ambition.” – Spock
7. “Change is the essential process of all existence.” – Spock
8. “Pain is a thing of the mind. The mind can be controlled.” – Spock
9. “Insults are effective only where emotion is present.” – Spock
10. “Emotions are alien to me. I’m a scientist.” – Spock
11. “Many ‘myths’ are based on truth.” – Spock
12. “You find it easier to understand the death of one than the death of a million.” – Spock
Spock Quotes About Good and Evil
13. “Without followers, evil cannot spread.” – Spock
14. “May I point out that I have gotten a chance to examine your counterparts closely. They are brutal, savage, uncivilized, and illogical. They are in every way examples of Homo sapiens, the very flower of humanity.” – Spock
15. “You Earth people glorified organized violence for forty centuries. But you imprison those who employ it privately.” – Spock
16. “Madness has no purpose. Or reason. But it may have a goal.” – Spock
17. “Where there’s no emotion, there’s no motive for violence.” – Spock
18. “Evil does seek to maintain power by suppressing the truth.” – Spock
19. “It would be illogical to kill without reason.” – Spock
20. “Violence, in reality, is quite different from theory.” – Spock
21. “I have been and always shall be your friend.” – Spock
Spock Quotes About Journey and Discoveries
22. “Space: the final frontier. These are the voyages of the starship Enterprise. Her ongoing mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life-forms and new civilizations; to boldly go where no one has gone before.” – Spock
23. “Computers make excellent and efficient servants, but I have no wish to serve under them.” – Spock
24. “Fascinating is a word I use for the unexpected, in this case, I would think interesting would suffice.” – Spock
25. “If we start buzzing about down there, we’re liable to find their mental power is so great they could reach out and swat this ship as though it were a fly.” – Spock
26. “After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing after all as wanting. It is not logical, but is often true.” – Spock
27. “Military secrets are the most fleeting of all.” – Spock
28. “I could not deprive you of the revelation of all that you could accomplish together, of a friendship that will define you both in ways you cannot yet realize.” – Spock
29. “Sir, there is a multi-legged creature crawling on your shoulder.” – Spock
Spock Quotes About People and Humanity
30. “May I say that I have not thoroughly enjoyed serving with Humans? I find their illogic and foolish emotions a constant irritant.” – Spock
31. “The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few or the one.” – Spock
32. “I realize that command does have its fascination, even under circumstances such as these, but I neither enjoy the idea of command nor am I frightened of it. It simply exists, and I will do whatever logically needs to be done.” – Spock
33. “I’m frequently appalled by the low regard you Earthmen have for life.” – Spock
34. “In critical moments, men sometimes see exactly what they wish to see.” – Spock
35. “If there are self-made purgatories, then we all have to live in them.” – Spock
36. “Humans smile with so little provocation.” – Spock
37. “That’s right…you humans have that emotional need to express gratitude. ‘You’re welcome,’ I believe, is the correct response.” – Spock
38. “It is more rational to sacrifice one life than six.” – Spock
39. “It is curious how often you humans manage to obtain that which you do not want.” – Spock
40. “If I were human I believe my response would be ‘go to hell’. If I were human.” – Spock
Spock Quotes About People and Fearlessness and Beliefs
41. “I object to intellect without discipline; I object to power without constructive purpose.” – Spock
42. “I have never understood the female capacity to avoid a direct answer to any question.” – Spock
43. “Captain, you almost make me believe in luck.” – Spock
44. “Worry is a human emotion, Captain. I accept what has happened.” – Spock
45. “Time is fluid…like a river with currents, eddies, backwash.” – Spock
46. “Virtue is a relative term.” – Spock
47. “Beauty is transitory.” – Spock
48. “One can begin to reshape the landscape with a single flower, Captain.” – Spock
49. “Live long and prosper.” – Spock
50. “Logic is the beginning of wisdom… not the end.” – Spock
Which of these Spock Quotes is your favorite?
At first sight, Star Trek might seem like nothing more than a sci-fi storyline of interesting characters. But in reality, there has always been more to the show than that. There are allegories all throughout that work to speak to real-world situations that were going on.
There was a progressive message weaved throughout the stories to speak to the counter-culture that was developing during the time period when the original series came out. While the network either didn’t care or didn’t catch on, many fans did.
But whether they liked the hidden tales and lessons or just enjoyed watching the experiences and adventures of outer space, Star Trek has been and will continue to be popular amongst a growing fan base.
Did you enjoy reading these Spock quotes and sayings? Which of the quotes is your favorite? Let us know in the comment section below.