These smart quotes will make you look like the most intelligent person in the room.
Everybody loves a good quote, especially one that sounds smart and makes you look smarter when you quote it.
Quotes are great tools to use in conversation, especially when you’re trying to make a point. A quote offers a second voice that validates your idea. Quotes are usually famous because the person who said the quote phrased the idea in a way that was clear, concise, and memorable. Thus, when you quote them, you make your argument stronger.
The smartest quotes use a little bit of humor to lighten the mood and reinforce a concept. These smart quotes are not only intelligent, but are wise, humorous, and motivational as well.
Don’t forget to also check out these smart logic quotes to boost your brain Power
Smart quotes and sayings to inspire success
1. “A true friend overlooks your failures and tolerates your success!” – Doug Larson
2. “All progress has resulted from people who took unpopular positions.” – Adlai E. Stevenson
3. “Computers and the internet have made us faster but they do not make us smarter.” — Steven Levi
4. “There are only two great tragedies in life: one is not getting what you want and the other is getting it.” — Oscar Wilde
5. “Books say: She did this because. Life says: She did this. Books are where things are explained to you; life is where things aren’t. I’m not surprised some people prefer books.” — Julian Barnes
6. “Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.” — Buddha
7. “Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.” — Albert Einstein
8. “Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within.” — James Baldwin
9. “Sometimes the questions are complicated, and the answers are simple.” — Dr. Seuss
10. “What gets us into trouble is not what we don’t know. It’s what we know for sure that just ain’t so.” — Mark Twain
11. “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” — Albert Einstein
12. “Knowing what must be done does away with fear.” — Rosa Parks
13. “Holding onto your anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die.” — Buddha
Witty and smart quotes
14. “A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs who, however, has never learned how to walk forward.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt
15. “A grieving woman could sit alone on a jetty in the early morning. But not with a book in her hands.” – Pia Juul
16. “A painting is worth a thousand confused art-gallery visitors.” – Ljupka Cvetanova
17. “A person is wise if he listens to millions of advice and doesn’t implement any of it.” – Michael Bassey Johnson
18. “A skunk is better company than a person who prides himself on being ‘frank’.” – Robert Heinlein
19. “A true friend is someone who is there for you when he’d rather be anywhere else.” – Len Wein
20. “A witty saying proves nothing.” – Voltaire
21. “A word of kindness is seldom spoken in vain, while witty sayings are as easily lost as the pearls slipping from a broken string.” – George Dennison Prentice
22. “And in the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years.” – Abraham Lincoln
23. “Arguing with a fool proves there are two.” – Doris M. Smith
24. “Ask me no questions, and I’ll tell you no fibs.” – Oliver Goldsmith
25. “Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.” – William Shakespeare
26. “Anger makes dull men witty, but it keeps them poor.” — Francis Bacon
Clever and smart quotes about life
27. “Don’t bother about genius. Don’t worry about being clever. Trust in hard work, perseverance, and determination.” — Frederick Treves
28. “Life, it turns out, is infinitely more clever and adaptable than anyone had ever supposed.” — Arthur Conan Doyle
29. “Being clever was when you looked at how things were and used the evidence to work out something new.” — Mark Haddon
30. “A professor can never better distinguish himself in his work than by encouraging a clever pupil, for the true discoverers are among them, as comets amongst the stars.” — Carl Von Linne
31. “A man who correctly guesses a woman’s age may be smart, but he’s not very bright.” — Lucille Ball
32. “Nothing is particularly hard if you divide it into small jobs.” — Henry Ford
33. “Where you start is not as important as where you finish.” — Zig Ziglar
34. “Creativity is the catalyst for brilliant accomplishments, but it is also the greatest obstacle.” — Scott Belsky
35. “Broken Irish is better than clever English.” — Irish Proverb
36. “Clever is when one is crafty enough to mistake your imagination for intelligence. Smart is when one assumes they are too educated to notice the difference.” — Kerry E. Wagner
37. “More than cleverness, we need kindness and gentleness.” — Charlie Chaplin
Wise and smart quotes
38. “A person with a sharp tongue will eventually cut themselves.” – J. Robson Koenig
39. “Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced.” — Soren Kierkegaard
40. “What we think determines what happens to us, so if we want to change our lives, we need to stretch our minds.” — Wayne Dyer
41. “Life is ten percent what happens to you and ninety percent how you respond to it.” — Lou Holtz
42. “Believe that life is worth living and your belief will help create the fact.” — William James
43. “Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.” — Leo Buscaglia
Smart quotes to motivate you
44. “Don’t let yesterday take up too much of today.” – Will Rogers
45. “The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty.” – Winston Churchill
46. “The best way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.” – Walt Disney
47. “The only disability in life is a bad attitude.” — Scott Hamilton
48. “Action will destroy your procrastination.” — Og Mandino
49. “Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does.” — William James
50. “An ounce of action is worth a ton of theory.” — Ralph Waldo Emmerson
Which smart quote is your favorite?
From smart quotes that motivate you to follow your dreams to witty quotes that offer advice in life, these smart quotes are great no matter what life lesson you need to learn.
Using these quotes in a friendly philosophical argument with a friend or during a presentation at work will make you seem more intelligent and will validate your perspective. Reading famous smart quotes will also broaden your outlook and will help you see old ideas from a new point of view.
Did you enjoy these smart quotes and sayings? Which quote is your favorite? Let us know in the comments below.