One is a genius, and the other’s insane. Pinky & The Brain’s theme song told us exactly what to expect in every episode. Eccentric, brilliant, crazy, and insane about sums up the entire premise of this 90s cartoon, created by Tom Ruegger. If you have forgotten what Pinky always says to Brain keep reading through these Pinky & The Brain quotes.
The series premiered on Kid’s WB in 1995, although, the duo first appeared in an Animaniacs skit in 1993. The show was the first animated television series to be presented in Dolby Surround. It was also the fourth collaboration of Steven Spielberg and Warner Bros. Animation.
If you aren’t a 90s kid and are wondering who Pinky and the Brain are, the answer is simple. The pair are genetically enhanced laboratory mice who live in a cage in the Acme Labs research facility. They spend their days plotting and scheming to take over the world.
Brain loves to ask Pinky “if he is pondering what I’m pondering?” Pinky comes up with some wild answers for sure. These Pinky & the Brain quotes will offer a glimpse into a few of his best responses. Keep reading to learn more about the mice that kept many of us entertained after school.
Don’t forget to also check out these Olaf quotes from the snowman that loves warm hugs.
Pinky and the Brain quotes where Pinky responds to “Are you pondering what I am pondering?”
1. “Wuh, I think so, Brain, but if we didn’t have ears, we’d look like weasels.” ― Pinky
2. “Uh… yeah, Brain. But where are we going to find rubber pants our size?” ― Pinky
3. “Uh, I think so, Brain, but balancing a family and a career… oh, it’s all too much for me.” ― Pinky
4. “Wuh, I think so, Brain, but isn’t Regis Philbin already married?” ― Pinky
5. “Uh, I think so, Brain, but burlap chafes me so.” ― Pinky
6. “Sure, Brain, but how are we going to find chaps our size?” ― Pinky
7. “Uh, I think so, Brain, but we’ll never get a monkey to use dental floss.” ― Pinky
8. “Uh, I think so, Brain, but this time, you wear the tutu.” ― Pinky
9. “I think so, Brain, but culottes have a tendency to ride up so.” ― Pinky
10. “I think so, Brain, but if they called them sad meals, kids wouldn’t buy them.” ― Pinky
11. “I think so, Brain, but me and Pippi Longstocking… I mean, what would the children look like?” ― Pinky
12. “I think so, Brain, but this time, you put the trousers on the chimp.” ― Pinky
13. “Well, I think so, Brain, but I can’t memorize a whole opera in Yiddish.” ― Pinky
14. “Uh, I think so, Brain, but where will we find a duck and a hose at this hour?” ― Pinky
15. “I think so, but where will we find an open tattoo parlor at this time of night?” ― Pinky
Pinky & The Brain quotes from Brain about Pinky
16. “Sometimes you make my head hurt, Pinky.” — The Brain
17. “This is the earth. And this is Pinky. You can tell the difference quite easily. One is a lump of inert matter hurtling blindly through the void. The other… is the earth.” — The Brain
18. “No! Pinky, you got chocolate on my Jack-o-lantronic transmitter!” — The Brain
19. “I wish you were as smart as a tree stump, Pinky.” — The Brain
20. (to Pinky while on stilts) “If I could reach you, I would hurt you!” — The Brain
21. “Brilliant plan, Pinky! Oh, no, wait. What if we want to use a plan that works?” — The Brain
22. “The Workings of you mind are a mystery to me Pinky.” — The Brain
23. Pinky: “Egad! You astound me, Brain!”
Brain: “That’s a simple task, Pinky.”
24. Pinky: “Hmmm… let me think…”
Brain: “Don’t hurt yourself, Pinky.”
25. Pinky: “Oh well, he had two eyes, and- and, oh a mouth right below his nose.”
Brain: “How very descriptive.”
Pinky & The Brain quotes about plans and taking over the world
26. “The irony of it all, Pinky. Years of trying to take over the world, and all I had to do was say ‘moo’”. — The Brain
27. Brain: “As you know, people in today’s body-conscious society are obsessed with losing weight. My plan is to secretly replace all the artificial sweeteners in the world with real ones; thus rendering the world’s population fat, slow-moving, and completely toothless.”
Pinky: “You mean like the guests on Jerry Springer?”
Brain: “Exactly, Pinklet.”
28. “Remember, I’m not just the president of the Small Club for Men, I’m also a mouse planning world domination.” — The Brain
29. “Pinky, once I take over the world, remind me to publicly snub you.” — The Brain
30. Pinky: “Gee Brain, what are we gonna do tonight?”
Brain: “The same thing we do every night, try to take over the world!”
31. “Yes, Pinky, that’s it. We shall open a boutique and sell ladies’ clothing and pollen.” — The Brain
32. Brain: “It proved that radio was a powerful tool. And now, Pinky, the advance of technology has brought us an even more powerful tool. Do you know what that is?”
Pinky: “Ummm… the rubber band?”
33.Brain: “We’re going to a place where the sun never sets, the size of your wallet matters, and actors and actresses slave all day.”
Pinky: “We’re going to Denny’s?”
34. Brain: “How are we going to get the Earth to lose weight?”
Pinky: “I know! We can get everyone to go on a diet!”
Brain: “Diets don’t work.”
Pinky: “Not even if you call them ‘A Whole New Way of Eating?’”
Hilarious Pinky & The Brain quotes and sayings
35. “I derive my greatest pleasure from making Brain squirt milk out of his nose!” — Pinky
36. Pinky: “What’s free-market capitalism?”
Brain: “Erm… cheating, lying, and backstabbing intrigue.”
37. “Do not mock a love-smitten mouse.” — The Brain
38. “You aren’t going to get rid of me, are you, Brain? I mean, you, working as a single? Look what happened to Jerry Lewis after he broke up with Dean! All that stuff in your hair!” — Pinky
39. Brain: “Pinky, I am in considerable pain.”
Pinky: “Narf! Zort! Poit! Gat! I’m with you, Brain!”
Brain: “I am in intense pain, Pinky.”
Pinky: “Ditto, Brain. Zort!”
40. “Come on, Pinky, be a man! Like Eleanor Roosevelt!” — The Brain
41. “This is the last time I let comic books get in the way of intellect.” — The Brain
Pinky & The Brain quotes that are so… Brain
42. “I feel the need. I feel the need for expeditious velocity.” — The Brain
43. “And I am the Iconoclast, an unconventional eccentric who marches to a different drummer… [whacked on head] but you may call me Noodle Noggin.” — The Brain
44. “Your associative powers belie your small cranium, my friend.” — The Brain
45. “It must be inordinately taxing to be such a boob.” — The Brain
46. “Listen, mister. If you don’t like things around here, hard cheese! My cage, rules!” — The Brain
47. “Promise me something, Pinky. Never breed.” — The Brain
48. “Pinky, if you don’t stop this foolishness, I shall have to hurt you.” — The Brain
49. “Stop it, Pinky! Stop it! Your influence is corrupting my prototype!” — The Brain
50. “Because with me in charge, it will be a better place.” — The Brain
Which of these Pinky & The Brain quotes is your favorite?
Which mouse is actually smarter, Pinky or Brain? Well, Brain is self-centered and scheming and is the mastermind of the duo. Pinky is much more good-natured but not very educated, however, he seems to come up with the most successful ideas.
Brain always comes up with an elaborate plan to take over the world, but it ultimately ends in failure. This is usually because Brain’s plans are simply impossible. However, sometimes it is because of Brain’s arrogance or overconfidence, Pinky’s mistakes, outside forces, or even a combination of all the things.
Many episodes are a parody of something else, usually a movie or book. There was even an episode that parodied Winnie The Pooh! The episodes commonly featured political and cultural themes as well. Another consistent feature of the show was adding a word and its definition to the credits.
Do you remember learning any new words from Pinky & the Brain? Share your favorite Pinky & The Brain quotes and episodes with us in the comment section below.