Let these Hillary Clinton quotes inspire you to persevere through the dark days and remember to fight for a world where everyone has equal opportunity to accomplish their dreams.
Hillary Rodham Clinton earned her degree from Yale Law School. She served as counsel on the staff of the House Judiciary Committee during the impeachment trial of President Richard Nixon.
Clinton served as First Lady during her husband’s presidency and was later elected to the Senate where she served two terms.
Clinton has spent her life fighting for progress. She was the first woman to represent a major political party during a presidential election, the first First Lady to be elected to the Senate, and the first female senator from New York.
Though she has failed to win the presidency twice, Clinton continues to fight for progress in hopes that little girls of today can believe that they will have the ability to grow up to become president. Enjoy these Hillary Clinton quotes and sayings!
Don’t forget to also check out these Kamala Harris quotes to inspire and galvanize you.
Inspirational Hillary Clinton quotes
1. “Fear is always with us, but we just don’t have time for it. Not now.” — Hillary Clinton
2. “Always aim high, work hard, and care deeply about what you believe in. And, when you stumble, keep faith. And, when you’re knocked down, get right back up and never listen to anyone who says you can’t or shouldn’t go on.” — Hillary Clinton
3. “It is often when night looks darkest, it is often before the fever breaks that one senses the gathering momentum for change when one feels that resurrection of hope in the midst of despair and apathy.” — Hillary Clinton
4. “We need to be as fearless as the women whose stories you have applauded, as committed as the dissidents and the activists you have heard from, as audacious as those who start movements for peace when all seems lost.” — Hillary Clinton
5. “We need to understand that there is no formula for how women should lead their lives. That is why we must respect the choices that each woman makes for herself and her family. Every woman deserves the chance to realize her God-given potential.” — Hillary Clinton
6. “To every little girl who dreams big: Yes, you can be anything you want — even president.” — Hillary Clinton
7. “There is a sense that things if you keep positive and optimistic about what can be done, do work out.” — Hillary Clinton
8. “To LGBT men and women worldwide, let me say this: wherever you live and whatever the circumstances of your life, whether you are connected to a network of support or feel isolated and vulnerable, please know that you are not alone.” — Hillary Clinton
9. “You have to be true to yourself. You have to be enough in touch with who you are and what you want, how you want to live, and what’s important to you, to make your decisions based on that. Sometimes that’s very difficult.” — Hillary Clinton
10. “I know that at a time when so much seems to be pulling us apart, it can be hard to imagine how we’ll ever pull together again. I know because I’ve seen it in the lives of people across America who get knocked down and get right back up. And I know it from my own life.” — Hillary Clinton
11. “Among the most striking things that I have learned is how much we have in common. I’ve sat down with people everywhere, discussing what was in their hearts and on their minds. And it doesn’t take long to find commonality, which is often overlooked, ignored, dismissed, and rejected otherwise.” — Hillary Clinton
12. “Let’s learn from the wisdom of every mother and father who teaches their daughters there is no limit on how big she can dream and how much she can achieve.” — Hillary Clinton
13. “I want to teach. I want to speak. I want to travel.” — Hillary Clinton
Empowering Hillary Clinton quotes
14. “Whether I am meant to or not, I challenge assumptions about women. I do make some people uncomfortable, which I’m well aware of, but that’s just part of coming to grips with what I believe is still one of the most important pieces of unfinished business in human history—empowering women to be able to stand up for themselves.” — Hillary Clinton
15. “I suppose I could have stayed home and baked cookies and had teas, but what I decided to do was to fulfill my profession which I entered before my husband was in public life.” — Hillary Clinton
16. “I have always believed that women are not victims. We are agents of change, we are drivers of progress, we are makers of peace–all we need is a fighting chance.” — Hillary Clinton
17. “You can be so proud that, from now on, it will be unremarkable for a woman to win primary state victories, unremarkable to have a woman in a close race to be our nominee, unremarkable to think that a woman can be the President of the United States. And that is truly remarkable.” — Hillary Clinton
18. “It is past time for women to take their rightful place, side by side with men, in the rooms where the fates of peoples, where their children’s and grandchildren’s fates, are decided.” — Hillary Clinton
19. “Well, if fighting for women’s health care and paid family leave and equal pay is playing the women’s card, then deal me in.” — Hillary Clinton
20. “Americans need a champion and I want to be that champion.” — Hillary Clinton
Motivational Hillary Clinton quotes
21. “Life is not easy for anyone. Sometimes you don’t see the challenges on the outside, but every single one of us has both those and everything that goes on inside as well. Give it your all. Dare to be all you can be.” — Hillary Clinton
22. “There are many ways to be influential. You can work for politicians or in government and make a difference. And for young women who are interested in running for office, you just have to decide you’re going to follow Eleanor Roosevelt’s maxim about growing skin as thick as the hide of a rhinoceros, and you have to be incredibly well-prepared – better prepared [than a man], actually – and you have to figure out how you’re going to present yourself, and you have to have a support group around you because it can be really a brutal experience.” — Hillary Clinton
23. “Don’t let anybody tell you that it’s corporations and businesses that create jobs.” — Hillary Clinton
24. “We can tell stories all night and we can talk about the women who have inspired us. But what inspires me is not just who they are, but what they do. They roll their sleeves up and they get to work.” — Hillary Clinton
25. “You have just one life to live. It is yours. Own it, claim it, live it, do the best you can with it.” — Hillary Clinton
Hillary Clinton quotes about life
26. “I think that if you live long enough, you realize that so much of what happens in life is out of your control, but how you respond to it is in your control. That’s what I try to remember.” — Hillary Clinton
27. “The worst thing that can happen in a democracy–as well as in an individual’s life–is to become cynical about the future and lose hope: that is the end, and we cannot let that happen.” — Hillary Clinton
28. “You know, everybody has setbacks in their life, and everybody falls short of whatever goals they might set for themselves. That’s part of living and coming to terms with who you are as a person.” — Hillary Clinton
29. “Don’t confuse having a career with having a life.” — Hillary Clinton
30. “I look for people who have raw intelligence and a great work ethic and loyalty, and I can quickly identify people who have the right ingredients. But sometimes it is more difficult to get them to accept the fact that they can take on increasing responsibility. Oftentimes individuals will decide how far [they] go by how much work they’re willing to put in and how quick they are to ask for help. Too many people have this deep-seated fear that if they ask for help, they will be thought less of.” — Hillary Clinton
31. “I don’t ask anyone else to live my life. I have enough trouble doing that.” — Hillary Clinton
32. “Do all the good you can, for all the people you can, in all the ways you can, as long as you can.” — Hillary Clinton
33. “Human rights are women’s rights, and women’s rights are human rights.” — Hillary Clinton
34. “Relationships are at the core of any political system and economic system – any family – and I think we drifted away from understanding that in our country. The people-to-people level is critical. It is ironic, though – we can text with anybody in the world, we can have a videoconference with anybody in the world, but [there should be] an even higher premium on showing up and getting to know someone.” — Hillary Clinton
Best Hillary Clinton quotes
35. “People can judge me for what I’ve done. And I think when somebody’s out in the public eye, that’s what they do. So I’m fully comfortable with who I am, what I stand for, and what I’ve always stood for.” — Hillary Clinton
36. “Every moment wasted looking back, keeps us from moving forward…In this world and the world of tomorrow, we must go forward together or not at all.” — Hillary Clinton
37. “There cannot be true democracy unless women’s voices are heard. There cannot be true democracy unless women are given the opportunity to take responsibility for their own lives. There cannot be true democracy unless all citizens are able to participate fully in the lives of their country.” — Hillary Clinton
38. “I have a million ideas. The country can’t afford them all.” — Hillary Clinton
39. “Take criticism seriously, but not personally. If there is truth or merit in the criticism, try to learn from it. Otherwise, let it roll right off you.” — Hillary Clinton
40. “Keeping your head down and doing the best job you can, in the beginning, gives you the opportunity to be evaluated on the basis of the contributions you are making. [Then], when you feel strongly about your work or about a position, you’ll be given more attention [than] if you hadn’t done that constantly.” — Hillary Clinton
41. “You cannot have maternal health without reproductive health. And reproductive health includes contraception and family planning and access to legal, safe abortion.” — Hillary Clinton
42. “The United States remains the only major country on earth that doesn’t guarantee health care to all of our people. And yet we are spending almost twice as much per capita. We have a massively dysfunctional health care system. And I do believe in a Medicare for all single-payer system, whether a small state like Vermont can lead the nation, which I certainly hope we will, or whether it’s California or some other state.” — Hillary Clinton
More Hillary Clinton quotes and sayings
43. “I am all about new beginnings. A new grandchild, another new hairstyle, a new email account. Why not a new relationship with the press?” — Hillary Clinton
44. “You may not agree with a woman, but to criticize her appearance — as opposed to her ideas or actions — isn’t doing anyone any favors, least of all you. Insulting a woman’s looks when they have nothing to do with the issue at hand implies a lack of comprehension on your part, an inability to engage in high-level thinking. You may think she’s ugly, but everyone else thinks you’re an idiot.” — Hillary Clinton
45. “I have many, many old friends, and I always think that it`s important, when you get into politics, to have friends you had before you were in politics and to understand what`s on their minds.” — Hillary Clinton
46. “The deck is still stacked in favor of those already at the top. And there’s something wrong with that. There’s something wrong when CEOs make 300 times more than the typical worker.” — Hillary Clinton
47. “I think we do not need to send more jobs to low-wage countries. I think corporate America has to start investing in this country and create decent-paying jobs here.” — Hillary Clinton
48. “My feeling is if you’re going to be a leader, you have to carefully assess where people are and where people want to go.” — Hillary Clinton
49. “Wealthy women have rights in every country. And poor women don’t.” — Hillary Clinton
50. “We must urgently begin to rebuild the bonds of trust and respect among Americans. Restoring trust in our politics, our press, our markets.” — Hillary Clinton
What did you learn from these Hillary Clinton quotes?
Hillary Clinton has led a very successful political career and has instigated a campaign for progress. Though she tried and failed twice to become President of the United States, her failure in the 2016 election against President Doland Trump ignited a fire in feminists countrywide. Though Clinton won the majority vote in 2016 by 3 million, she lost in the electoral college.
In the four years since President Trump was sworn in, there has been an increase in feminist marches and a record-breaking number of women running for political offices. And, indeed, it seems as though progress is happening. In 2021, Vice President Kamala Harris was sworn into office, becoming the first female Vice President in U.S. history.
Did you enjoy these Hillary Clinton quotes and sayings? Which quote was your favorite? Let us know in the comments below.