These Friday quotes from Chris Tucker and Ice Cube will have you laughing in no time.
Friday, a 1995 American buddy stoner comedy film, follows Craig Jones (Ice Cube) and Smokey (Chris Tucker), two unemployed men who get into a world of trouble on a single Friday. Craig got fired for stealing boxes, his rent is due, and his relationship with his girlfriend is contentious at best. Smokey owes money to a local drug dealer money, and he needs to pay him by Friday.
Have you ever wondered what Friday based on?
Well, director Gary Gray said they modeled the movie after the 1994 film Clerks. Also, Ice Cube and DJ Pooh complained about the portrayal of the hood in film because it appeared violent and menacing. To counteract the negativity, they drew on personal experiences when developing their characters and plot points.
This was not the first film that rapper Ice Cube acted in, but it was the first time we had seen 90s rap icons in a comedy. Watching this movie now is especially funny because of all the 90s cliches and sayings found in the film. You will see what I mean as you read these Friday quotes!
Don’t forget to also check out these Office Space quotes from the hilarious 90s cult classic.
Friday movie quotes from Smokey (Chris Tucker)
1. “I know ya don’t smoke weed, I know this. But I’m gonna get you high today cause it’s Friday, you ain’t got no job and you ain’t got shit to do.” ― Smokey
2. “No sugar? Damn. Y’all ain’t never got two things that match. Either y’all got Kool-aid, no sugar. Peanut butter, no jelly. Ham, no burger. Daaamn.” ― Smokey
3. “You’ve got to be a stupid mother fucker to get fired on your day off!” ― Smokey
4. “You got knocked the fuck out, man! Give me my goddamn money…” ― Smokey
5. “Shit! That girl wider than all outside. Talkin’ bout she look like Janet Jackson.” ― Smokey
6. “Look, why don’t you go down the street and get something to eat? I know you hungry.” ― Smokey
7. “Man… you know damn well I want some kool-aid!” ― Smokey
8. “Why don’t you tell your daddy to comb his damn hair, look like some spiders is having a meetin’ on his head.” ― Smokey
9. “Weed is from the earth. God put this here for me and you. Take advantage man, take advantage.” ― Smokey
10. “Remember it, write it down, take a picture, I don’t give a fuck.” ― Smokey
11. “The weed be lettin’ you know… evil lurks.” ― Smokey
Friday quotes and lines from Craig Jones (Ice Cube)
12. “You better get your ass off your shoulders and make that money.” ― Craig Jones
13. Craig Jones: “Mom, loan me 200 dollars.”
Mrs. Jones: “Craig, I wouldn’t feel comfortable lending you money without a job.”
Craig Jones: “If I had a job, I wouldn’t need to borrow any money.”
14. “Man, it’s the blacker the berry, the sweeter the juice.” ― Craig Jones
15. “For most people, Friday’s just the day before the weekend. But after this Friday, the neighborhood’ll never be the same.” ― Craig Jones
16. “What do you know about game? I got ALL the game.” ― Craig Jones
17. Craig Jones: “I ain’t trying to be no dog-catcher!”
Mr. Jones: “Why not?”
Craig Jones: “I don’t even like dogs!”
18. “That’s yo problem. Aint’ nobody playin’ but you. You walk up and down the street all day playin’.” ― Craig Jones
19. “Bye, Felicia.” ― Craig Jones
20. “Don’t tell me to hurry up.” ― Craig Jones
21. “Look what you did to my curtain! You better watch whose window you be sneaking in before you get blasted on.” ― Craig Jones
Friday quotes from Mr. Jones
22. “You win some, you lose some. But you live, you live to fight another day.” ― Mr. Jones
23. “Every time I come in the kitchen, you in the kitchen. In the goddamn refrigerator. Eatin’ up all the food. All the chitlins… All the pig’s feet… All the collard greens… All the hog maws. I wanna eat them chitlins… I like pigs feet.” ― Mr. Jones
24. “I wish you was sleeping right now, I knock you upside your head with a left hook, make your ass wake up and take out that damn trash.” ― Mr. Jones
25. “Around here, you go to work or go to school. First of the month, the rent is due. You ain’t got nothing on the table, you ain’t gotta worry about catching a dog. You gotta worry about a dog catchin’ yo ass!” ― Mr. Jones
26. “I grab a dog. I choke him and I kick the shit out of him. All day long got my foot up a dog’s ass. Just bang, bang, bang up his ass. That’s my pleasure.” ― Mr. Jones
27. “Boy, get your ass in here. I smelled your shit for… 22 years. Now you can smell mine for five minutes.” ― Mr. Jones
28. “Oh, no, son. That’s not the way it is. You kids have been nothin’ but punks. Sissified. So quick to pick up a gun. Too scared to take an ass-whipping. [Raises his fists] This is what makes you a man. When I was growing up, this was all the protection we needed. You win some, you lose some. But you live, you live to fight another day! Now you think you’re a man with a gun in your hands, don’t you?” ― Mr. Jones
29. “Aw, man. Your mother and I never would’ve moved to this neighborhood if we’d known you need a gun to walk down the damn street.” ― Mr. Jones
Friday quotes from Ezel and Big Worm
30. “Aw, I’m suing y’all. Oh, I’m hurt. Oh, my neck, my back, my neck and my back. Oh! I want $150,000, but we can settle out of court right now for twenty bucks.” ― Ezel
31. “Playing with my money is like playing with my emotions, Smokey.” ― Big Worm
32. Ezel: “Smoke, buy me a 40oz for my birthday.”
Smokey: “Today your birthday?”
Ezel: “What’s today?”
33. “Smokey, you know I ain’t the smartest man in the world, but, from back here it look like you’re takin a shit.” ― Ezel
34. “Deebo! Deebo! Man, you should’ve been bobbin’ and weavin’.” ― Ezel
35. “Can’t have shit I’m closed, Fat Boy.” ― Big Worm
36. “First of all, don’t be callin’ here like you some straight up “G”, ’cause I’ll cut your balls off and hand ’em to you, partner. I had to warn you too many times about my money, Smokey. You see, it’s the principle of the whole thing. There’s principalities in this.” ― Big Worm
37. “You can have your knife back cause I steal I don’t kill.” ― Ezel
38. “All right, man. But, look, between me and you, man, when you’re done, I’ll clean all that shit for ya for two dollars, eh!” ― Ezel
39. “I don’t think you applying yourself, Smokey!” ― Big Worm
Funny and questionable Friday quotes
40. “Excuse me brother, what we call drugs at the 74th Street Baptist Church we call the sin of sin sins.” ― Pastor Clever
41. “Uh-uh, wait a minute! Who the fuck is that bitch? Fuck you, motherfucker! You think you slick! Gon’ come over here and ask me for some money? Well, ask that bitch for some money!” ― Joi
42. “Stop being a bitch and come on.” ― Deebo
43. “Well you just tell the bitch, whoever she is, when I find her I’m gonna beat her ass.” ― Joi
44. “Damn, Smoke, don’t be banging on the door like you the damn po-lice.” ― Joann
45. “Man, I’m high.” ― Smokey
46. “Worm! Now you the last nigga whose money I’d mess with. I steal from my mama before I mess with your shit, and you know this, man!” ― Smokey
47. “I got mind control over Deebo. He be like “shut the fuck up”. I be quiet. But when he leave, I be talking again.” ― Smokey
48. “Puff puff, give. Puff puff, give. You fuckin’ up the rotation.” ― Smokey
49. “I’ve been smokin’ ever since I was two.” ― Smokey
50. “Alright brother. (looks around) HEY, SMOKEY BACK HERE TAKIN’ A SHIT!” ― Ezel
Which of these Friday quotes is your favorite?
Ice Cube and DJ Pooh secured funding for the film from New Line Cinema, in exchange for casting a seasoned comedian in one of the lead roles, instead of DJ Pooh as Smokey. The pair quickly settled on Chris Tucker, but that wasn’t the only thing they got done quickly! The movie itself only took 20 days to film!
The movie garnered praise from critics, primarily for the comedic sequences, writing, and acting performances. It was a hit in the box office, too, grossing $27 million worldwide, against a budget of $3.5 million. It didn’t just perform well; it drew a large cult following and launched a media franchise including Next Friday and Friday After Next. Those two films did not get great reviews, but people still loved them.
Ice Cube has said that he wanted to show that there were real people living in these kinds of neighborhoods and that there was more to them than drive-bys and murders. The movie has inspired a plethora of memes and pop-cultural references.
Next time you see a license plate that reads “FCK IT,” you will know where it came from. Let us know your favorite Friday quotes and lines in the comment section below. Bye, Felicia!