Just as these cloud quotes show, we all have a mix of bright and dark days.
It’s easy to take clouds for granted. They are almost always up in the sky and we often don’t notice them. But then there are the moments when they command our attention.
The moments when the dark storm clouds bring in the loud claps of thunder. Or the moments when the sun sets over the ocean and the clouds are painted with a rainbow of colors. They are always something to be enjoyed, but we can learn from them too.
Even on the darkest of days, we know there is a blue sky hidden behind the clouds. This is just one of the many lessons we can learn from the clouds. Enjoy these cloud quotes and sayings!
Don’t forget to also check out these sky quotes to marvel the world above.
Positive cloud quotes to provide strength
1. “Sometimes I go about pitying myself, and all the while I am being carried across the sky by beautiful clouds.” – Anonymous
2. “The sun always shines above the clouds.” – Paul F. Davis
3. “Clouds suit my mood just fine.” – Marie Lu
4. “A cloud does not know why it moves in just such a direction and at such a speed. It feels an impulsion; this is the place to go now. But the sky knows the reasons and the patterns behind all clouds, and you will know, too, when you lift yourself high enough to see beyond horizons.” – Richard Bach
5. “Even if it is very foggy, cloudy, or stormy, the blue sky is always there for us, above the clouds.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
6. “We all have bad days, but one thing is true; no cloud is so dark that sun can’t shine through.” – Anonymous
7. “Be comforted, dear soul, there is always light behind clouds” – Louisa May Alcott
8. “Life is like a cloud; fluffy, beautiful and illusionary.” – Ananya
9. “A pessimist sees only the dark side of the clouds, and mopes; a philosopher sees both sides, and shrugs; an optimist doesn’t see the clouds at all, he’s walking on them.” – Leonard Louis Levinson
10. “When very thing is going write in your life, even the dark cloud looks beautiful.” – Nikita
Cloud quotes about the sky
11. “Behind every dark cloud, there is an ever-shining sun. Just wait. In time the cloud will pass.” – Marianne Williamson
12. “There’s crack in everything, that’s how lights get in.” – Leonard Cohen
13. “Try to be a rainbow, in someone else cloud.” – Maya Angelo
14. “The beauty of white clouds: Every morning brings new clouds and sunshine.” – Lailah Gifty Akita
15. “The air up there in the clouds is very pure and fine, bracing and delicious. And why shouldn’t it be? – It is the same the angels breathe.” ― Mark Twain
16. “A dream is where a boy can swim in the deepest ocean and fly over the highest clouds” – JK Rowling
17. “Its cloud illusions I recall. I really don’t know clouds at all.” – Joni Mitchell
18. “If you use your imagination, you can see lots of things in the cloud formations.” – Charles M. Schulz
19. “There are no rules of architecture for a castle in the clouds.” – Gilbert K. Chesterton
20. “Happiness is like a cloud, staying up there, no matter it rains or shines.” – Unknown
21. “Clouds in the sky very much resemble the thoughts in our minds! Both changes perpetually from one second to another!” – Mehmet Murat ildan
Beautiful clouds quotes and sayings
22. “There was a star riding through clouds one night, & I said to the star, ‘Consume me’.” – Virginia Woolf
23. “For a second I was almost jealous of the clouds. Why was he looking to them for an escape when I was right here beside him?” – Kamila Shamsie
24. When people look at clouds they do not see their real shape, which is no shape at all, or every shape, because they are constantly changing. They see whatever it is that their heart yearns for.” – Jose Eduardo Agualusa
25. “Look at the heavens, and the sea, and behold the clouds, which are higher than you.” – Unknown
26. “Aren’t the clouds beautiful? They look like big balls of cotton… I could just lie here all day, and watch them drift by… If you use your imagination, you can see lots of things in the cloud formations.” – Charles M Schulz
27. “And from the midst of cheerless gloom, I passed to bright unclouded day.” – Emily Bronte
28. “Thirty-nine years of my life had passed before I understood that clouds were not my enemy; that they were beautiful, and that I needed them. I suppose this, for me, marked the beginning of wisdom. Life is short.” – Limani David
29. “Winter’s sky is an old blue soul, weaving dark clouds with wonder.” – Angie Wieland
30. “The beauty of sky is visible during sunrise and sunset.” – Mohammed Ahith
31. “Don’t forget; beautiful sunset need cloudy skies.” – Paulo Coelho
32. There are no rules of architecture, for the castle in the clouds.” – Anonymous
33. There’s going to be a symbiotic relationship between the edge and the cloud.” – Peter Levine
34. “You must not blame me if I talk to the clouds.” – Thoreau
35. “Yesterday I inhaled a cloud, and immediately my eyes started raining.” – Jarod Kintz
Best Inspirational cloud quotes
36. “When we feel stuck, look at the sky, the clouds reminds us that everything changes.” – Unknown
37. The moon will light the clouds, just as the tides shall shape the sand.” – Anthony T. Hincks
38. “I am a dreamer. I have to dream and reach for the stars, and if I miss a star then I grab a handful of clouds.” – Mike Tyson
39. “The clouds – the only birds that never sleep.” – Victor Hugo
40. “Happiness is like a cloud if you stare at it long enough, it evaporates.” – Sarah McLachlan
41. “To say goodbye is to die a little. To say good morning is a hope for a new sunshine in a cloudy winter.”― Nabil Toussi
42. “When we look up, it widens our horizons. we see what a little speck we are in the universe, so insignificant, and we all take ourselves so seriously, but in the sky, there are no boundaries. No differences of caste or religion or race.”― Julia Gregson, East of the Sun
43. “Even when clouds grow thick, the sun still pours its light earthward.” – Mark Nepo
44. “Clouds are on top for a reason. They float so high because they refuse to carry any burden!” – Jasleen Kaur Gumber
45. “I can see clouds a thousand miles away; hear ancient music in the pines.” – Ikkyu
46. “I can be jubilant one moment and pensive the next and a cloud could go by and make that happen.” – Bob Dylan
47. The sky, a perfect empty canvas, offers clouds nonetheless. They shift and drift and beg interpretation… such is the nature of art.”― Jeb Dickerson
48. Dark clouds become heaven’s flowers when kissed by light.” ― Rabindranath Tagore
49. Now, if God made the clouds so beautiful, did He not mean us to gaze upon them and be thankful for them?” ― Alfred Rowland
What did you learn from these cloud quotes?
There is just something about clouds that can bring awe and inspiration. Whether it’s big, dark, storm clouds rolling in and showing their power or big white fluffy clouds that accent the bright, blue sky, they are beautiful. The clouds are what allow us to enjoy stunning sunrises and sunsets as well.
There is a lot that we can learn from watching the clouds. They keep on moving along no matter what. And behind every cloud is a bright beautiful day. This can motivate us to keep hope even during the dark and stormy periods of life.
What’s your biggest takeaway from these cloud quotes and sayings? Do you have any other favorite quotes to add? Let us know in the comment section below.