These boss lady quotes will help you define your own worth.
You might have heard someone referred to as a “Boss Lady” or “Boss Babe” before. What does the term mean, though? Well, in its most literal sense, it is a female boss or supervisor. However, mostly when someone earns the title of “Boss Lady” or “Boss Babe.” it is because they exhibit a fearless ability to create their life.
That life might look different, whether you are a successful professional, an innovative entrepreneur, or the mom who runs an entire household while making it look effortless! These “Boss Lady” quotes come from some women who command a presence like Queen Bae herself, or the former first lady. I think they would agree that being called a boss lady is a compliment, but they might just prefer you call them a straight-up boss!
Keep reading these “Boss Lady” quotes for some excellent advice on leadership, empowering women, and even “how to” be a “Boss Lady!”
Don’t forget to also check out these alpha female quotes for all the strong women out here
Badass boss lady quotes from successful women
1. “Don’t call me lucky. Call me a badass.” — Shonda Rhimes
2. “I never dreamed about success, I worked for it.” — Estée Lauder
3. “When they go low, we go high.” — Michelle Obama
4. “Some women choose to follow men, and some women choose to follow their dreams.” — Lady Gaga
5. “Power is not given to you. You have to take it.” — Beyoncé
6. “Well-behaved women rarely make history.” — Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
7. “Women have always been the strong ones of the world.” — Coco Chanel
8. “If there’s one thing I’m willing to bet on, it’s myself.” — Beyoncé
9. “I keep waiting to meet a man who has more balls than I do.” — Salma Hayek
10. “People think at the end of the day that a man is the only answer to fulfillment. Actually, a job is better for me.” — Princess Diana
11. “I’m tough, I’m ambitious, and I know exactly what I want. If that makes me a bitch, okay.” — Madonna
12. “Sometimes you gotta be a beauty and a beast.” — Nicki Minaj
Classy boss lady quotes about leadership
13. “Leadership is hard to define and good leadership even harder. But if you can get people to follow you to the ends of the earth, you are a great leader.” — Indra Nooyi
14. “Leadership is about making others better as a result of your presence and making sure that impact lasts in your absence.” — Sheryl Sandberg
15. “Leadership should be born out of the understanding of the needs of those who would be affected by it.” — Marian Anderson
16. “Leadership is a series of behaviors rather than a role for heroes.” — Margaret Wheatley
17. “Women are leaders everywhere you look, from a CEO to a housewife that holds together a home. Our country was built by women who stand alone.” — Denise Clark
18. “If your actions create a legacy that inspires others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, then, you are an excellent leader.” — Dolly Parton
19. “I just love bossy women. I could be around them all day. To me, bossy is not a pejorative term at all. It means somebody’s passionate and engaged and ambitious and doesn’t mind leading.” — Amy Poehler
20. “Some leaders are born women.” — Geraldine Ferraro
21. “The leadership instinct you are born with is the backbone. You develop the funny bone and the wishbone that go with it.” — Elaine Agather
More boss woman quotes about leadership
22. “Do not wait for leaders; do it alone, person to person. Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies.” — Mother Teresa
23. “True leaders understand that leadership is not about them, but about those they serve. It is not about exalting themselves but about lifting others up.” — Sheri L. Dew
24. “The only safe ship in a storm is leadership.” — Faye Wattleton
25. “A leader takes people where they want to go. A great leader takes people where they don’t necessarily want to go, but ought to be.” — Rosalynn Carter
26. “A noble leader answers not to the trumpet calls of self-promotion, but to the hushed whispers of necessity.” — Mollie Marti
27. “Leadership should be more participative than directive, more enabling than performing.” — Mary D. Poole
28. “Ninety percent of leadership is the ability to communicate something people want.” — Dianne Feinstein
Boss lady quotes that will inspire you
29. “You don’t get what you don’t ask for.” — Sophia Amoruso
30. “I stay true to myself and my style, and I am always pushing myself to be aware of that and be original.” — Aaliyah
31. “You’ve always had the power, my dear, you just had to learn it for yourself.” — The Wizard of Oz
32. “You were born to create and contribute.” — Marie Forleo
33. “Often we don’t even realize who we’re meant to be because we’re so busy trying to live out someone else’s ideas. But other people and their opinions hold no power in defining our destiny.” — Oprah Winfrey
34. “Little girls with dreams become women with vision.” — Unknown
35. “Rooting for other people’s failure does get in the way of your success.” — Amy Poehler
36. “A strong woman stands up for herself. A stronger woman stands up for everyone else.” — Unknown
37. “Remember, no one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” — Eleanor Roosevelt
38. “My best successes came on the heels of failure.” — Barbara Corcoran
Motivational girl boss quotes
39. “Don’t cut off your career branches too early. Don’t step away from your career based on what ‘might’ happen.” — Mary Barra
40. “As women, we must stand up for ourselves. We must stand up for each other. We must stand up for justice for all.” — Michelle Obama
41. “Don’t waste your energy trying to change opinions… Do your thing and don’t care if they like it.” — Tina Fey
42. “The amount of good luck coming your way depends on your willingness to act.” — Barbara Sher
43. “Take criticism seriously, but not personally.” — Hillary Clinton
44. “Women have been trained to speak softly and carry a lipstick. Those days are over.” — Bella Abzug
More Boss Lady quotes and sayings
45. “We need to understand that there is no formula for how women should lead their lives. That is why we must respect the choices that each woman makes for herself and her family. Every woman deserves the chance to realize her God-given potential.” — Hillary Clinton
46. “I talk a lot about taking risks, and then I follow that up very quickly by saying, ‘Take prudent risks.’” — Irene Rosenfeld
47. “I don’t follow trends or try to compete with anyone. Everything I do stems from following my passion and my love for design.” — Guo Pei
48. “Any woman who understands the problems of running a home will be nearer to understanding the problems of running a country.” — Margaret Thatcher
49. “Anything’s possible if you’ve got enough nerve.” — J. K. Rowling
50. “Instead of looking for all of the reasons it won’t work—start counting all the reasons it will.” — Reese Evans
What did you learn from these boss lady quotes?
So what should you do, if you want to become a boss? Start with some self-love and care. Each of the women quoted here has healthy self-esteem; probably forged by kicking ass in heels! Don’t let anyone else’s opinion of you hold you back. You define your own worth!
Of course, it doesn’t come easy, and there will struggles and failures along the way. Dust yourself off, straighten that crown on your head and keep going! Find a tribe of women that will support your ‘crazy’ ideas, motivate you to keep going, and hand you a tissue when your mascara is running.
Do you have women in your life who are total “Boss Ladies?” (I think we all are Boss Ladies, by the way!) It’s difficult to juggle all the things life throws at us women, and yet we stay strong.
Leave a shout out to your favorite ‘Boss Lady’ in the comment section below. Don’t forget to also mention any other favorite boss lady quotes and sayings.